Saturday, August 25, 2018

                            WELCOME FRIENDS!

I am sorry, I could not communicate with you for ten long years after I started this blog. I myself am perplexed, as to what could have been the real cause of this abstinence. Might be, I was really busy at that phase of my life, when I was in the humdrum of my medical practice and I could not have sufficient spare time to intermingle with my friends.
Now that phase is over as I have retired from the active practice and started collecting the loose ends of my life; viz my hobbies, remaining in hibernation in spite of my best efforts to rejuvenate these. So now, I have started feeling like a bird with no responsibility of work, childcare, and shopping. A surprise for you all; now the long-lost hobbies of backpack-globe tottering, fine arts, reading, and writing have started resurfacing and my own astonishment I have started felling young in spite of, in my seventies.
I named this blog 'Light at the end of the tunnel', as basically, I am an optimist and even in dire crisis, though flummoxed, I always feel light at the end of the tunnel and most of the time my sixth sense is correct.
Now post-retirement, besides reading, I have started writing fiction, travelogues, and short stories  (One literary novel is under print). I would like to reconnect with my buddies after a hiatus of more than half century. All are welcome to contribute to the blog and make it a lively place to interact.
Thanks!
Brijender Mehta

No comments: